1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
Yeah, I wish I didn’t because reading would keep me awake but sadly, I get really car sick.
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
Probably Maggie Steifvaters. She was the first author I recall reading that had multiple POV’s and also wrote from a male perspective. I wish I could write in a male perspective as well as she does!
3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
Twilight. 1.) I haven’t read HP. 2.) Prefer tons of love over action. 3.) I love quick, easy reads. Twilight was just that.
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is it in (besides books…)?
I did when I was in college. Now, in the adult world, I just carry a big purse with my book in it, a notebook to write novel ideas or blog notes in. Along with my wallet and other necessities.
5. Do you smell your books?
Not recently released books, but I do go down into my ‘library’ and smell the old books.
6. Books with or without little illustrations?
Without, I tried reading an illustrated YA book and HATED it.
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing? (Ex. I read Twilight before I read HP and thought the writing was amazing but read HP and now think Twilight is a little bit of a joke.)
Twilight as a joke?
Why are all these questions ragging on Twilight?! Haha. But seriously, I loved reading Twilight. I didn’t even get passed chapter one for Harry Potter (probably because I was pretty young when it come out). I guess if we’re talking series, I loved the Hunger Games while reading but afterwards, I thought it was just like all the other dystopian YA.
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
Not really, I had a huge collection of Babysitter’s Club books, but that’s about it. No funny stories!
9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
Probably my small catechism if we’re counting that. It’s about ten pages long I believe.
10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
We have a ton of big books in our collection, but if we’re talking my YA books, that would be The Host by Stephanie Meyer (which I hated by the way).
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
I do, but doesn’t everyone now? At the Raven King book signing, Maggie asked how many people want to become writers and half the room raised their hands. I’d love to at least get one book published. It doesn’t even have to sell! I just want to know that I have something out there and one person has enjoyed it.
12. When did you get into reading?
I’ve always enjoyed collecting books, but I didn’t get into reading until I was a senior in high school. Yay Twilight!
13. What is your favorite classic book?
Not big on classics. But I loved reading Fahrenheit 451, and I’m a big fan of Macbeth.
14. In school was your best subject Language Arts/English?
Of course, those were also usually my favorite teachers too. Creative writing especially.
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated…what would you do?
Accept it, always room in my collection.
16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
I don’t really read in those sub genre’s but I guess the Matched Trilogy could be compared to Hunger Games, with the love triangle and government always watching.
17. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while filming?
When I did ‘booktube’ for about a year, I always had issues saying the words ‘um’, ‘like’, and ‘and’ all the time. Here’s my awkward booktube channel.
18. What is your favorite word?
Nepotism. But I hate the idea of it.
19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
Nerd… it’s the only title I would happily accept out of the three.
20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Vampires. I’ve never read any fairy books, but I’ve loved almost all the vampire books I’ve read. I just can’t imagine a full book on fairies being interesting. The only fairy I enjoy is Tink from Peter Pan.
21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Werewolves, though both would terrify me if I were to encounter one.
23. Zombies or Vampires?
24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
Oh, that’s a tough one! Probably love triangle.
25. AND FINALLY: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
Full on romance.