As many of you know, Maggie Stiefvater recently released the final book in this series (I’m only on book two, shhh) and readers have been raving about this series for awhile now. And why wouldn’t they? The characters are fantastic and so is the plot! So this week, my blog is going to be jam-packed with Raven Boys posts. Look forward to my post on meeting Maggie this Thursday! You can find the original video of this tag here.
The Raven Cycle Book Tag
1. In the books, Maura is the relaxed mom that is Blue’s friend more than an actual mother. Who is your favorite mom character?
Hmm, it’s hard to say considering that most books don’t touch on parents at all. If I had to choose someone other than Maura, it would be Rosalie in Breaking Dawn. Yes, I know she wasn’t the actual mom of Renesmee but she did make sure she and Bella were kept safe during the pregnancy and after.
2. Adam wanted to go to Aglionby so he could one day escape where he came from. Have you ever dreamt of living somewhere else? Where?
Not so much a place, but I’m dying to live in a tiny house. Preferably off the grid, overlooking mountains. If we’re talking about a book location, Colby from the Sarah Dessen books. I could totally have a tiny house in Colby.
3. In the second book we meet the Gray Man. He is a hit man who loves poetry. Name a book that you thought was going to be one thing but turned out to be something else.
Maybe Not by Colleen Hoover. First off, I thought this was going to be a full novel, didn’t realize that it was a novella. Second, holy crap, the amount of verbal abuse in a *supposed to be* New Adult romance. I couldn’t believe how the ‘couple’ in this just kept tearing each other down and calling one another names.
4. Gansey has searched most of his life for a buried king who is promised to grant one wish. What is one wish you would ask Glendower?
To pay off my school debt/ get me a well paying job in my field. Either of those would be fantastic.
5. In this series you get to see Greenmantle as a fleshed out character but also as a villain. Name your favorite villain.
Anna from Anna Dressed in Blood, though we find that she’s not who she appears to be. Holy crap, did she scare the crap out of me!
6. Blue’s got her Raven Boys. Who makes up your bookish team?
From books? Four (Divergent), Emmett (Twilight), Adam (If I Stay), I don’t know who would be my fourth! Maybe I’ll pick my Raven boy thus far? Gansey ❤
7. Ronan is a bad ass with a sensitive side. What book have you read that was action packed but had beautiful emotional scenes as well?
I’ll go with If I Stay for this one, yes it’s a movie about a girl who gets in a car accident, but it’s her constantly running around the hospital trying to figure out how to get back into her body, etc. Not many books can make me cry, but that one sure does. I just watched the movie again, and I cried the whole way through.
8. Noah has a heart of gold. Who has touched your heart recently?
Well, that’s just a bit too sappy for me to answer…
9. Calla is a woman who speaks her mind and puts her foot down when necessary. Who is your favorite strong female character?
Probably Rose Hathaway from the Vampire Academy series. She’s such a badass that doesn’t take anyone’s crap!
10. Chainsaw is an awesome Raven boy pet. If you could have one “exotic” pet…what would it be? What would you name it?
A savannah cat! It’s semi-exotic. Ha.