Let’s take a break from book talk! Found a fun tag from a blogger I follow, Beth (Reading Every Night) and I thought I’d join in one the fun! I get tired of doing the usual booktags and trying to pick out 5-10 books for each post, so I thought this would be a fun little tag to do. As always, I tag anyone who is reading this!
No rules for this one, it’s just a couple of lists of things that make me happy.
List Five Things That Make You Happy
- Cats… I don’t care if they’re mine or someone else’s or even just visiting cats at an animal pound or pet store. I love seeing cats and snuggling them. Sometimes if I’ve had a bad day at work, I’ll go to Petsmart after and visit the cats there.
- Weekends with my husband and away from electronics… Sometimes I think people get sucked into their own little world of social media, gaming and mindless scrolling. My favorite times spent with my husband are when we get away from cell service or just turn our phones off and hang out.
- Reading… It’s nice to just get away for a little while, and I choose to do that via books. My favorite (if you couldn’t tell) are contemporary young adult summer reads. There’s something youthful and romantic about those.
- Mountains… I love being able to see the mountains, if I drive about three hours from my house, I can get to my favorite mountains. Every summer my parents would take me on vacation there and I used to hate it but now I can’t get enough. I would love to visit more national parks one day!
- Working out… I wish I did it more often, and it sounds silly that it makes me happy but I feel so much better after a workout and if I had a bad day, it’s a good way to blow off some steam.
List Five Songs That Make You Happy
More so, my five favorite songs that I currently can’t get enough of…
- The Chainsmokers ‘Kanye’ I loooove this song, it’s so catchy. The video is a sequel to their song selfie. I like most of their songs, but this one is my favorite.
- Oh Sleeper ‘The Finisher’ This is the song that my tattoo is based off of and it’s God speaking to the devil, telling him He will cut off his horns. This band deserves way more attention than it gets! They should be releasing new songs this year!
- Pierce the Veil ‘I’m Low on Gas and You Need a Jacket’ Yes, this song is kind of sad but I have a fond memory of it. I saw them in 2013, it was me and my husbands first concert together. Half way through the song, Vic stopped playing (he was doing acoustic) and the crowd kept singing through the song. It was amazing! Here’s the video...
- A Day to Remember ‘Already Gone’ I love the soft songs that ADTR puts out and this is probably my favorite.
- Rob Zombie ‘Dragula’ We ‘moshed’ to this at our wedding, and it’s just a fun energetic song!